About Me

My photo
Welcome to my photo journal from my art history study abroad trip to Rome. The focus of this blog is to show pictures of one subject from Rome. My subject is doorways and I share some of the history of Rome and try to give some of the Roman intriguing Roman atmosphere. Please start by selecting the entries in order starting with entry 1 on the side bar. Enjoy and thanks for visiting!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Graffiti Doorways (entry 5)

Graffiti is a common sight in Rome. I am not sure what Romans think about their doors being spray painted, but I think it is a positive addition to the atmosphere of Rome (of course I can't read what the words actually say). With so much preservation of ruins in Rome, it's a rather refreshing sight to see some haphazard color added to the city's streets. These are only a few pictures of graffiti-ed doorways, I could have taken hundreds of pictures of them.  


 




This is not graffiti exactly, but a type of street art. These are sliding doors covering booths for the daily open market in Trastevere. Each door says "Before I die..." in a different language and people wrote a wish from their bucket list on the doors in chalk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment